Wednesday, February 5, 2014

HOW TO MAKE A "FROZEN" INSPIRED VENETIAN MASK - 2

 So here is the finished mask!!! 

     Yeah its pretty amazing ... haha jk,jk. So I hope you all enjoyed the mask making process! I hope I was clear enough and my blog was helpful in your future mask making endeavors:) And I hope you like my mask! It was a more difficult design than I anticipated but I think it turned out pretty cute!
 
  You know I've always wished I could go to one of those masquerade balls like in movies and because I have a mask on that covers less than half my face nobody knows who I am and so I can become a whole different person.
  That's one thing that I love about acting...when I play a character I am "putting on a mask" and becoming someone new! Someone that even I've never met before and and have to get acquainted with as well as everyone around me.
  Even if its for no particular reason I love to just read monologues or play out scenes, turning into a brat one minute and a psychopath the next (putting a slightly crazy spin on any character is always fun;) haha.) Its also really fun to take a character that you know really well and completely change them and play them from a whole different angle.
   Its great to be able to create a character. To put yourself in a new world, in a new life, in new situations and feel what this new person would be feeling.
  That also is one of the hardest parts of acting. Its really easy to just recite lines and "act" and go through the motions the way its "supposed to be" but it becomes not so easy anymore when we are being told to feel it and become it. I was never one of those people who need to be in a quiet corner before they go onstage to "get into character". I kind of envy them in a way because they can shut the world out around them and focus strictly on the task at hand. I would just get distracted in the depths of my mind and come out less focused than before:/ But when I get on stage everything changes for me. I am in it...I am It! Now I'm not saying that I am perfect and can do it everytime at the drop of a hat, especially when I'm singing. I am a bad culprit of thinking about singing a song instead of just letting it happen. I absolutely love watching people act while they sing. When a person can put me right into that song with them, I can't help but get goosebumps. It goes along the same lines of what Jewel was talking about yesterday. (Btw, he put the wrong vids on for me, I was supposed to have the one from The Voice and one of Celtic Woman...smh...and I wanted to put on a vid of The Killers performing live but he wouldn't let me. But its whatever, all the vids are great!) Anyway, putting your heart and soul into a song is a hard thing to do. Sometimes I create a little story to myself surrounding a song and I pretend to be the person in the story so that I can more identify with it. (Its a fun little experiment; try it sometime!)
   And that is one of the many many reasons I love acting! So put on your mask...let's see who you become. :)

P.S. Here is the rest of the video!

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment