Saturday, February 15, 2014

Saturday Night in the City: My Forever Ties

My Forever Ties:

What to what to write about. I'm feeling a sentimental quality as I sit here at Joe's Shanghai Restaurant on 56th street around a table with beautiful people and beautiful artists, and I'm on my phone typing but cannot get enough of how lucky I am to be around these people.

All your life, you come across a plethora of people. Artists, guardians, collaborators, party freaks, carers, whatever! And I think not enough people keep in mind that every single person they come across is of IMMENSE importance to their lives.

I never thought I'd make friends so young that I expect to stay with for the rest of my life. Granted, I can't tell the future, but I can still be sure. In my mind, every time I meet a new artist I'm fond of, they're in the books of who I want to work with again.

All of it comes from meeting such genuine people that care and aid you in some way. Perhaps I'm repeating myself, but I'm so amazed and blessed that I have met so many of those genuine people.

First, we have le Gilbert family, who, y'all know we got a lot to spend the future on - I'm sticking around ;)

Friends from high school, in which I've spent this Valentine's weekend with, I would have never thought I'd still be seeing as frequently as I do! And I am so grateful. It can be true that friends come and go, but it's rare that people like this care enough to always stay.

My best friend from elementary school and I have this unspoken relationship yet. We haven't spoken spoken for so long, and yet I really care about his wellbeing through our only contact: social media.

GOD BLESS THE FACEBOOK AND TWITTER.

Time flies, and the smallest effort to make communication can mean a lot. Maybe it's just me, but I know schedule's are rough and time is limited, but all I need to maintain a relationship sometimes is a "hey, thinking about you" or a silly Snapchat or phone call for a minute.

I guess what I'm trying to say, after all this rambling as we're paying our bill at Joe's Shanghai, is that every relationship you build when your young is significant to your future. You never know who's going to be that one person to lift you up when you're down or save you when you're lost, so take care of your friends now. The good in the world should be flourished, and we do that through nurturing the good people we have in our lives now. We make new friends, and we can keep the old. And what I've learned through life in theatre and life in general is that old and new friends, being genuinely good people, are the best people to mix up and see what happens.

Live your life. Aye


One is silver and the other's gold,
Tristan J. Shuler

No comments:

Post a Comment