Thursday, February 13, 2014

CHOCOLATE, CHOCOLATE, AND MORE CHOCOLATE!!!

   
     Back again with Swag Bag Thursdays! Today I want to write about something that is extremely important to me, and that is music. I am a part of Easton High School's orchestra. I have been playing since 3rd grade so I've been playing now for 8 years and I'm about half way through my 9th. Without the impact of this music program I don't know how different I would be. I feel that I am a much better person because of it. I have never wished that I didn't play and that I didn't spend many nights practicing so I could be first chair, I'm glad I did because it taught me a lot about the value of working hard for something you want. This fire that was born in me from music is something I will never lose. If anyone out there reading this post is thinking about playing an instrument, you should definitely start. You are never too old or too young. You don't need a teacher, teach yourself, the only thing that can hold you back from being a musician is you.
     Our orchestra takes a trip every two years and these trips are like a reward for all the hard work you have put in over the years but with a trip like this you have to fundraise right. So just so all of you know I am selling Gertrude Hawk chocolate bars!!!!!!!! WOOOO!!! YUMMY!!! They are only $1 each and they are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!!! They come in many diferent flavors including Toffee Almond, Peanut Butter, Dark Chocolate, Milk Chocolate, Coconut Cream, Rasberry Cream, and Crispie Chocolate. Gertrude Hawk is the BEST kind of chocolate because it melts in your mouth and tastes like heaven. It's perfect with a cup of coffee or tea or hot chocolate and a good book. Just think about that perfect scenario! Especially on a snow day like this one. Who doesn't want to sit by the fire or heater with chocolate?! THAT is the epitome of relaxation! If you want one just email us at Gibs7usa@msn.com or give us call at 610-417-2189 and we will send them to you. So if you're ever in the mood for chocolate you know who to call!!
     At Easton High we have a symphony orchestra which means that the very best band members audition to be a part of the orchestra. It is a great honor to make the orchestra and this is a very important part of the reason Easton is seen as a musical juggernaut throughout the Valley. I would like to wish everyone a happy snow day!  I literally can't see outside my house right now but its really nice and I love the snow and shoveling people's driveways is a great way to make bank so enjoy the snow, buy our chocolate, and enjoy music!

Everyone have a nice day off!!

No comments:

Post a Comment