Wednesday, February 19, 2014

#GOLD

Hi! So how many of you have been watching the Olympics?! I know I have!

   My absolute favorite event is ice skating but I've been getting into more of the snow boarding and skiing events too! 
   I've always loved ice skating.  I love the beauty of it and the way each skate tells a story.  If for some reason I couldn't be the kind of performer I am now, ice skating would have been one of the next best options! 

   The ice dancing this past week was just stunning! Especially our gold medalist couple, Meryl Davis and Charlie White. The way they were so perfectly in sync with each other was amazing to watch. While watching I couldn't help but feel like that is the kind of connection I want to have with the audience every time I'm on stage. I want them to feel what I'm feeling and really be with me for every step. And I want to be able to tell a story purely through emotion. Watching them gives me something new to strive for:)
   
   I also watched the men's freeski slopestyle competition. That was so much more exciting than I would've thought! haha! And the fact that the USA swept the podium was awesome! I love the spirit and fire they all have. I feel like the skiers and snowboarders are the happiest people I've seen. They never look nervous or anything, they just seem to be having the time of their lives. 

   Watching the Olympics in general is so inspiring. Seeing all of these athletes, the best in their fields from around the world, is really motivating. All of these people work so hard to get to that point; they work towards their goal with every fiber of their being....and they get there. 

   And they don't give up.
   
There are so many athletes that this is like their 4th Olympics , and some of them have gotten a medal but alot of them haven't. We were watching snowboard cross yesterday and one of our guys, Nate Holland, has competed in the last 3 Olympics and still hasn't placed because something always goes wrong. He is always on top of his game coming into it but he gets there and never fulfills his expectations. I think it is really sad and I felt so bad for him when they were interviewing him after his race, but he was really gracious about the whole thing and when his teammate won bronze he ran out and tackled him and was genuinely happy! That's an attitude we should all try to emulate in everyday life. 

   There was a commercial on that I thought made a really good point, it said: "Olympians get their chance to shine every four years, we have the chance everyday." We all need to strive to shine everyday. We need to work hard everyday to achieve our goals and not give up till we have. Olympic athletes have something that they know happens at a set time and they prepare for it tirelessly; our time might be tomorrow and we have to be prepared for it.


Live like an Olympian!


















1 comment:

  1. Very true!!! I was watching a phenomenal ski race for the Olympics, when I remembered reading this blog. I believe you stated how these amazing people were motivated; even those who are yet to win a medal, let alone a gold medal. So I just wanted to comment. The winner of the race was well behind, because she started out late. But when it came down to the last seconds of the race, she made her mark. She won by about a second, and even me, that was just watching, my heart was racing. She gave her country, Austria, its first gold medal!! So basically, everyone should strive to win/succeed, because in the end, all your hard work will pay off... eventually. Thanks for posting this blog, and I hope you have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete