Sunday, February 9, 2014

Broadway Babble with Josh

        Josh Simpson here, just living life in Philadelphia. I should tell you about my life and such like everyone else, but life makes me the angry person that I am, so my blog entry is going to be about something that makes me happy, Broadway. 
I will be nice enough to tell you some things about me first. I’m 19 and I think I’m a playwright... maybe. Theatre is my life, that’s all I really know for sure. I really don’t do anything else. I hate math, science, sports, people, etc.  Everything that goes into a production is so wonderful, and the fact that it’s not just once and done like a movie, or TV show. The show has to be put on every night, for the entire run, with the same gusto and luster. It’s just so beautiful! 
        Anyway, focusing on me for a moment.... I’m the oldest of 6, 2 from each parent. Being the oldest is taxing, but my siblings are too mean for me to want to swap places. I go to the lovely University of the Arts in Philadelphia. The school is right in the theatre district of Philly. I think the reason I love it here so much is because there are so many other people who have drained there mind until there is nothing left but theatre, it’s spectacular. I get to see a show almost every week, both professionally and through the school, which is all I ever want to do. 
Now that I’ve managed to circle back to theatre, I figure I might as well just stay here. So for this post, I’m going to talk about the love of my life, the only person, other than myself, who gets to be classified as a perfect human being, Sutton Foster. Let's start with Sutton’s Broadway history (in order... from memory): "Les Miserables" Eponine’s understudy, "Grease" as Sandy’s Understudy, "Annie" Star To Be, "The Scarlet Pimpernel" ensemble, "Thoroughly Modern Millie" as Millie Dillmount, "Little Women" as Jo March, "The Drowsy Chaperone" as Janet Van Der Graff, "Young Frankenstein" as Ilga, "Shrek: The Musical" as Fiona, and "Anything Goes" as Reno Sweeny. Soon she will go back to Broadway so that she may continue spreading her perfection in the show "Violet" as Violet. Each performance of hers is so lively and energetic that you can’t help but love every second of it.
Sutton’s perfection, however, goes past her performances. Aside from Sutton’s obvious talent as a dancer, singer, actress, she is just a person who lives life correctly. She is horribly kind, while she is terribly fit, she still likes eating burgers and sundaes, and drinking beer. She is very humble. She is woman of God. She is so devoted to her craft. She is just such a gracious, understanding, giddy, and enthusiastic person. You can’t help but love her... And creepily look up everything about her. Though for her own safety and for my own sanity, I’ve yet to meet her, I have a hard time believing that she will be any less perfect when I do. She represents pure perfection as a performer and a person. Now everyone go watch her be perfect, I approve of 99%of the videos of her available on youtube. Well sadly that is all for this week.
 
Until next time,


Joshuah D. Simpson


 

No comments:

Post a Comment