Saturday, May 10, 2014

Well hello everybody I was writing my blog last night but I fell asleep and it got erased and I'm gonna share why I was so tired its actually a really good story I promise. So we had our league semi finals in lacrosse yesterday and we played Emmaus high school. We played them earlier in the season and lost 10 to 6 it was a really tough loss which sent us on a 3 game losing streak. We owed this team for beating us last time so we had to win. So the game starts and Emmaus gets a quick goal  but soon we sytike back to make it a 1-1 game. Then Emmaus scores 2 more on us and that ends the quarter with them leading 3-1. Into the second quarter we mount our comeback, we are playing hard and fast. We tied the game at 3 then right before the half Emmaus sinks one in the net to be up by one at the half. The third quarter starts and realize this is our game we strike em and tie the game back up at 4. Then when you least expected it we scored again to make it 5-4 and the third quarter is over as fast as it began. It comes down to the fourth and this is were it gets really great. So we take the field and like a minute into the quarter Emmaus scores but we rally right back again to take the lead 6 to 5. With 5 minutes left they have the ball pushing and shooting the ball but our defense holds tough with great play from every player especially our goalie. Then with 2 minutes and 30 seconds left in the game one of our best defensive players gets a penalty so we go man down. Im in and the ball is passed to there best shooter(he shoots the ball 95mph with some ridiculously good aim). So no one goes to cover him so I go late because he wasn't my man. He loads up to tie the game for his team but it doesn't quite go that way. i charge him and he shoots the ball right into my chest. Not gonna lie that hurt but I couldn't stop my teammate gets the ball and the penalty is over. We turned the ball over again with 1 minute and 25 seconds left and they call a timeout. Our defense makes one of the greatest stands ever we stop them from scoring and win the game this was one of the greatest wins in my sports playing history. We held them to the least amount of goals scored in a game this season, our defense really came through especially jewel he was thrown in the game and played some of the best loch down d I have ever seen. That was the best game ever and now we go to compete in the league finals against the number 1 seed parkland high school on monday. Its time to win anther big game and remember to never be satisfied.

No comments:

Post a Comment