Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Need A Lift?

Hi!!!!! We have been working hard on all of the choreography for Tarzan and so far the dances are pretty cool, if I do say so myself haha!

I really like choreographing all kinds of dance, it usually just depends on what mood I am in that day:) Today we were working on partner dances...specifically, lifts! I LOVE doing lifts! and it's pretty awesome that we have our brothers to practice with. We can just throw ourselves at them and say "catch!" haha. I mean, they don't always obey.... :/ But no,  they are actually really trustworthy.

Lifts are one of those things that are way more about the technique and the know how of the move itself than the actual difficulty level of the step. Not everybody can do lifts. It doesn't always matter how strong the guy or how small the girl, lifts have alot  to do with the balancing of weight, the placement of hands, making small adjustments depending on who your partner is, etc. For example, if she can't hold herself stiff then she will probably fall. I am not the best at lifts.... if I could I would just spends hours a day practicing them until I could do any one I wanted!

Here are a couple videos we looked up today of some awesome lifts....if you come see "Tarzan" (which you def should) you will be sure to recognize a few:)

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment