Wednesday, January 22, 2014

FASHION to the EXTREME!!!

    SO.... Our friend asked Taryn Teara and I to be models for a fashion show that her beauty school was hosting. Toni&Guy Acadamy hosts a fashion show at all of their different locations once a year. The students get a central theme, split into groups, and style their models to show off their talents, whether it be in the makeup and/or hair department.  
   We arrived at our friend's house in Philly the night before so that she could get a head start. She did Teara's hair first. Teara has like golden blonde really curly hair; She gave her lighter highlights then toned the whole thing to blend it. I think it turned out beautifully but Teara had some reservations at first. She thought it was more brown than the golden it was before she dyed it, but when we got home two days later she realized it was just the floresent lights in the building that were making it look like that and now she loves it!
   Taryn got a red ombre done. Her hair is almost black and so she had to strip it (bleach it) first and then dye it. Her hair turned out a reddish purpley pink color. She had been wanting an ombre done for so long and it turned out perfectly!
   My hair wasn't getting colored so she waited on me till the next day:)
   So we arrived at Toni&Guy early and got right to work. Another girl on the team did my hair. She made a design out of cornrows on either side of my head and then made a teased mohawk down the middle. Now, I thought the braids were awesome althought they were pretty darn tight and my scalp hurt for a long while afterwards...like days... But the mohawk was an absolute nightmare-_- If you don't know what teasing is, it means you take a small piece of hair and comb it backwards with a tiny comb in short choppy strokes. I have long curly hair that they needed to make stand up by itself, she teased it over three times! I couldn't even watch in the mirror that was in front of me, I cringed the whole time just thinking about combing it out. And on top of the teasing she put tons of hairspray on it, I don't use hairspray...ever...it breaks my hair and dries it out alot. But I gritted my teeth and got through it; and I won't lie, it did look pretty AWESOME when it was finished. She sprayed the tips gold and put jewels at the start of each braid, I looked pretty fashion show-esqe if I do say so myself haha!
After hair was done it was time for makeup, yay =)
   With makeup there was a slight issue because the girl on our team who was in charge of that area came very late and said she was only doing 1 out of 5 models (which the three of us were worried about because she had done our makeup once before and she is an extremely talented makeup artist so we all wanted her to do ours.) So the other stylists on our team had to ask people from other teams to do our makeup. It was a scramble and everyone was really busy but the girl on our team wound up making up like 2 1/2 people ( me included!) and after some debocle and harsh words we all got done. I got a smokey eye that I loved, Taryn had a black style that matched her curled Pin-Up Girl hair do, and Teara got some funky striped eyes and lips (she was hoping for something more classic but I thought it was very cool.)
   The theme for the whole show was Cirqe de Sole! It was awesome to see everyone's costumes and hairstyles and makeup. Some teams did some interesting body and face painting designs, some teams did crazy like actual circus costumes...it was really fun!
Our team was pretty subdued compared to everyone else's, I wish we would've known the theme beforehand because we could have brought some awesome stuff from our extensive costume collection at home. Our team still looked bangin' though!
   The whole show went really well and I would love to do another one!!!

P.S. It took me an hour and a half to comb out my mohawk!:/



No comments:

Post a Comment