Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Holy Week

    You have all noticed how slow the blog has been the last couple weeks, sorry about that. You see the days are closing in on the most important days of the year, the Easter Triduum, leading to the joyous exaltation of the Christian identity on Easter. These are the times when first things come first - so as much as I feel my 'work' is God's calling, I can never let anything separate me from the Lord. Lent and especially this week is when I am gracefully charged for the rest of the year to continue following His plan. It is the centering of who I am at my core, a centering where Christ must be.
      So last week and continuing on, each of us has been preparing the house for our usual Easter celebration when all the family comes over- the girls painted and rearranged the rooms; a long, painful, and yet unfinished process taking a toll on my back and more importantly spiritually. It is hard with our 'scream in your face everywhere' pop culture and technology to focus up when it is needed. I am always being reminded of happenings in the world instead of being totally in sync with our Creator.
     As if that isn't hard enough, after tuning out the world's cacophony, I can't silence the thoughts of I need to be 'acomplishing' something. Tarzan is fastly approaching like a train that won't stop (not that I want it to) auditions are in two weeks, the show opens in 12, we need a cast, did we get the audition posters up? is it in The Morning Call? have we made the contacts like dance schools and music teacher?......MUSIC, our orchestra! Is it in place? where is our conductor coming from?  are we going to have pay? and what about advertising billboards,WFMZ,  RCN , WAEB, B104???? ahhh have to contact allllll of them schedule meetings and follow up..........OH we have to bring our supply needs list for the set to Lowe's, but if we don't have the set blueprint we can't... what if it is to late? we won't have a set from them who will donate??...costumeeees uh how big will our cast be? fur is so expensive, whats the design? rehearsal space not the YMCA again they were amazingly gracious but it is to restrictive there... oh what about our new plan for rehearsals? is it done? will it work? will the cast commit? how much cast support will we have? and how do we foster it? oh yeah and did I forget we have to follow up and schedule a heck of a lot more sponsorship meetings! we need MONEY! how is the presentation? lets rework it...?????..............................................whew! hopefully you all have a goal and it is always fueling you eating away at you when you feel it has not been committed to, but no matter how big the dream you can't ever lose sight of the true meaning of each of our lives...that is to serve God.
       This is the time for me to step away from our business and completely devote myself to God in prayer, meditation, and suffering. Our purpose is to glorify God in all we do, and it takes constant reaffirmation, constant offering up of our sufferings, and constant prayer. During this season of Easter where we are surrounded by New Life, is the best time to rededicate my life to God and my faith so that I can truly be His instrument.

4 comments:

  1. Well said Jewel! I hope GOD will continue to use me as His instrument as I rededicate my life back to Him this Easter.

    Happy Easter Gilbert family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, good luck on all that you're trying to do pertaining to Tarzan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes!! Even though Easter has past, your message has really moved me in a different direction and changed the way I view certain things in life. God bless!!

    ReplyDelete