Monday, April 7, 2014

4 Steps To Organization!

Wow... I have been slacking lately and I'm sure you've all missed me ;P
  Anyway, back to another Monday! Time is passing and we are getting closer and closer to auditions for TARZAN!!!! We are all so excited to start everything :-D But in this post I'd like to talk about the importance of organization in life. Now don't think I'm gonna give you a lecture on how everything needs to be neat and orderly from your clothes to your plans each day because I am the biggest failure in that department but I am a firm believer in a certain degree of organization. Everyone's brain works differently and everyone functions better or worse in different environments. Creative people tend to be a little more cluttered. I speak from personal experience because myself along with 3 of my 4 siblings tend to work better when we are at the last minute and don't need a clean area to think and create. However, my mom is the complete opposite. She needs things to be clean and uncluttered in order to think clearly. Jorne is somewhere in the middle... He likes his stuff to be orderly but doesn't necessarily need a clean area to create. And my father is a the worst of us all. He's just a slob! Lol
   So, with that in mind, I've found over the years of producing shows and having, as a family, to split up the tasks and accomplish everything on time, that having order in areas that are your weaknesses are so necessary in obtaining the desired results. This is how you do this:

1. Identify where your weaknesses are and find a way to strengthen them.

For example, I have a hard remembering the things I have to do from minute to minute. I always have such a long list and can easily get stuck on one task and then forget about the rest of what I had to do that day. So to avoid forgetting what needs to be done I make myself a list on my phone and check the things off that I do as I go along.

2. First things first.

Put your priorities in order. Do the pressing and important things first so once you get to do the things you enjoy you don't feel stressed or guilty for doing something you enjoy when there are "so many things to do." I have so often done this and felt like I could be doing so many things because there is always something to do in my business but I've realized that in order to stay sane and refreshed I have to take a break and do something enjoyable once in while whether it be writing a song, dancing, reading, or hanging out with friends.

3. Make goals.

Have goals for yourself and make plans to reach them. Know one wants to feel like their life is passing them by and they aren't where they want to be. Don't spin your wheels, be proactive but start with a goal and way to achieve that goal.

4. Follow through.

Don't have your plan, not follow through and wonder why you're goals weren't reached. Make a conscious effort every day to stick to your plan. It'll be worth it in the end!

Don't give up, stay focused, and make your life what you want it to be. Don't let anyone tell you your dreams are unrealistic or impossible or not worth pursuing. Reach your goals and prove them wrong!!!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment