Thursday, April 3, 2014

Hello Everybody!

Thanks for joining me again on this Thursday may it be in the morning, afternoon, or night. Today I am gonna tell you about me day yesterday because we had a pretty busy one might I say so myself.
My day started at 6:30 in the morning getting ready for orchestra. Our teacher keeps holding us longer and longer because we are getting ready for an adjudication on May 3rd. She selected two pieces of music for us to play: The Moldau and The Radetzky March. I really like these two songs, but they are both challenging so we gotta work!        After orchestra I went home for a little while (meaning 20 minutes) and the four of us piled into the car to go to our grandmother's house to help her with a few things. Tasia got really sick this morning so she had to stay home for the day. Our grandmother has a really cute beagle named Bailey, the funniest part is that ever since she got him he gained weight and now he waddles around like a cute goof ball.
After our grandmother's we went to our show we had that afternoon at Phoebe, but since we were early we went to McDonald's and all got some iced coffee so we would have some extra pep in our step for the show. We are trying to transition some of our songs into accapella so for this show we just brought our Bose speaker and our voices. A very important part of shows like this is to project so the whole audience can hear you. The show went very well - all of the people really enjoyed it!  I sang some favorites of mine, including Puppy Love and Mack The Knife.      


Seeing the audience's expressions when you sing old songs they love is one thing you can never get  anywhere, and as they hum to themselves you know you did what you came to do. If I can make just one person's day for me is worth it, it's all the little things that matter not just the big.
After our show we sped to Easton high school to get to lacrosse practice. If you didn't know, me and Jewel are playing this year for Easton. It's only really our second year playing. We played for Moravian Academy two years ago, then last year we couldn't play because of a whole lot of things that were going on with the schools. I was really mad but there was nothing I could do. Anyway now we are at Easton where Jewel is a defensive midi and I play straight defense. We are both getting some time so it's pretty cool.











































Practice was hard today. We did a lot of what our coaches call "hidden conditioning" Yeah right!  We all know why we are doing it, but we need to be in shape for games so if that's what it takes.... For every point another team scores on us in a game the team has to run a hill we had to do 9 yesterday and after practice - no less - believe me they are a real bear.
After practice you would think the day's events are over, right? well they are not! We showered up and we made our way to a rehearsal for Pirates of the Carobbean at the Confor Suites in Bethlehem. It's a dinner theatre a show the six of us are in. It opens on Friday so tonight is our last rehearsal. It is coming along good, there are a few shows over the next  few weeks so that's always fun. Best part is I get to bring out my musketeer costume from our production of Shrek so I'm really excited for that! Rehearsal ended at around 10. Boy was I tired, but finally the day was over and I could look forward to going to sleep in my nice cozy bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment