Thursday, July 17, 2014

NEXT STOP....GREATNESS... JOIN US!

Well its over. After so many long hours of preparation it all came to an end. From the all nighters to the blood, sweet and tears we put into this show I will miss it all. Believe me I did cry, I did sweat, and I did bleed, but it was all worth it to bring to life this amazing musical. The saddest part was when we started strike and in just three short hours we tore apart weeks of hard work. Looking at the stage when it was all cleared out I couldnt help but think about the first time we all saw it. So many ideas running through our heads and now they are gone. All that's left is just an empty stage, holding the dreams of the next group to take part in their project. I  just hope that they have the same great time creating as many wonderful memories as I have. Tarzan was my biggest leading role yet. Going into it I was really nervous because it was a very hard part and leading up to the show I hadn't had a voice for about a month. It all turned out ok though, everyone said I did great so it must of been pretty good. Since me and Jewel shared the role we each did four shows. This let me ease into it instead if just getting thrown into the fire.
Im not gonna lie, it was hard, but I made it through. On the off days I was a gorilla and a plant in the show  and although it wasn't as much to do I still loved it.
     After the shows are done and the storage bins are filled with all the show stuff, we have to go back to reality you might say. Meaning first we have to clean the house because in gets pretty crazy during showtime, dont even get me started on our yard. My dad always likes to say the grass is so high its waving at us. These are the things we pass up when doing a show. Our mom's not too happy about it but its all fixed now. For the past few days all I did was clean everything and I really dont like cleaning at all but I guess it had to be done. Now we left for vacation. Everyone needed a break so we are getting away. On the road to Savannah, Georgia. The work never stops though, although we are one vacation we never stop talking about our show we are writing, where to have it, booking more concerts and everything else to rocket our careers to the next level. The key to success is to never stop, because once you do you get happy with where you stop. You think, I
don't need to go farther, I've gone far enough. Complacency is the biggest demon for those trying to succeed, because its easy to become comfortable. But with complacency comes mediocrity. Yeah its a little harsh but its true. No circumstance is too bad to get out of. Everyone, nomatter who you are, can be great. The real question is not who CAN be great but who WILL be great. If you want something bad enough you will achive It. When you can't do something its not because you're unable it's because you just didn't try hard enough. I wanna leave you with a question.... If someone could give you greatness or you could work for greatness and achieve it, which would you choose?




And comes the end of another swag bag thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment