Friday, February 20, 2015

My apologies

I know I know I've missed a few blogs:'(  I'm sooowwwyyy. But I'm making up for it because I did have them planned out. Stop looking at me like that, I did.

So last Friday I wanted to tell you all about something that I love... Laughing:D Just as in life, in the theatre there is a season for everything. And just like summer, comedy is my favorite "season." Now I love slapstick, I really love "comedy of errors" style, but perhaps my favorite is improvisational comedy, or at least partial improv. We have some great improv comedy groups around here that we love to go see, I feel so special to have that right at my fingertips because it's just that enjoyable. So if you live here and have yet to go check out Mandudebro in particular, you'd better get on that.

There is this fabulous show that has come to Bethlehem a few times in the past several years that is a perfect display of this partial improv that I speak of. It's called Tony and Tina's Wedding and you may have heard of it, it's quite popular. It is hilarious and highly entertaining, and we have taken part in it in the past, but not this year when it came. Which brings me to... Tonight! Well, OK last Friday night. We went to go see it and were so excited to see many great actors and great friends and experience the whole thing from a patron's point of view. Of course I missed being in the cast, especially working with "Tony" and "Tina," and also working with easily the best director I've ever had the pleasure of working with. But nevertheless it was an extremely fun night and if it comes back next year or the year after or the year after that, go! I promise you it's not just any old show, it will be a whole experience you'll remember for a long time:)

In the meantime, until an awesome comedy show arrives in your area, you can just YouTube old episodes of Whose Line is it Anyway. That should hold you over.

Bye bye

No comments:

Post a Comment