Thursday, February 5, 2015

doin thursdsay my way



Hey folks its Thursday once again, to tell you about my life. So what do I have going on today you ask? Well I'm glad to tell you. First this morning I had orchestra. right now we are preparing music for our annual spaghetti dinner fundraiser. We sell a bunch of tickets and people come eat endless spaghetti while the chamber strings full orchestra and jazz combo play for them. Its a great community event and a great way to raise a lot of money for the music program. Back to my point when I started though, orchestra's always a good way to start off the day for a few reasons. One, I am sure to wake up bright and early, (meaning I wake up before the sun does). Two, who could be mad while they are playing the bass.........Ok that's a lie because I get really mad when I play sometimes if I cant get something right. But in orchestra the music is really doable so there is no reason to get frustrated unless you have a substitute teacher, which I had today but I'm not going to get into that right now.
     Anyway, after orchestra I came home do my daily deeds... meaning school work. A whole lot of school work, which you know is not the highlight of my day. Tonight though we have our second night of Seussical auditions! We got a pretty good turn out for the first night and in recent shows the second day always gets more anxious auditioners  trying to blow our minds with there awesome talents. So far its looking to be a really great show. How do I know that so soon you ask? Well because the bird costumes are already being made in my living room, and they look amazing as well as are taking up A LOT of space. Then all the choreography is being done and the soundtrack is just constantly playing in my head. So if you add all those together its looks like the beginnings of an outstanding show. It's these times that make for a great show. If you wait too long to do everything you end up behind, and then near opening find yourself too focused on the props and such and not on the actual actors. So by doing it now it's out of the way and later when it gets closer to show time all you have to think about are the people on stage so then you can make them the best they can be and you have the show of a lifetime. It's all the little thing that make a good show. It's not a lead actor you have, or a certain costume, but when you put great leads with a great ensemble mixed with stunning costumes and out of this world lighting, and then top that with a breathtaking set ,you get what every show goer deservers: the best darn show they will ever see. Because with everybody working towered that one goal, no one person more important than the other, and everyone pulsing with energy, you give the audience a night they will never ever forget. 

No comments:

Post a Comment