Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Hi:) Here are a few prayers that i found that I thought were really apropos right now. Enjoy<3



Dear Lord, 
Fill me with your glory and your hope. 
Help me to remember that without you 
I can do nothing very long 
But with you, 
I can help further your holy plan. 

Assist my spirit in remembering 
That I can be instrumental and steadfast 
Faithfully aiding our heavenly Mother 
To nurture all of her children 
Through kindness and love. 

Teach me to remember what I have always known, 
That I came from You and I shall return to You, 
And there, within Your perpetual light, 
My every tear shall dry away for I shall be with You 
And those I loved so dearly here. 

Guide me in Your plan to courageously and fearlessly say, 
Not my will but Yours be done 
Trusting always that my motivations here on earth 
Are driven by Your holy will. 

Show me the happiness which springs forth from having faith, 
The peace and joy that forgiveness brings, 
And how prayer always makes lifemeaningful, 
Despite any fears, or losses or pain 
I may be suffering in the moment. 

Love me into full being so when I am born to eternal life, 
I shall feel fulfilled realizing I recognized and multiplied 
All the talents You gave to me 
And the sweet validation and peace I may humbly claim 
From listening to You, The Bridegroom of my soul. 


For everything there is a season,
and a time for every matter under heaven:

time to be born,
and a time to die;
time to plant,
and a time to pluck up what is planted;
time to kill,
and a time to heal;
time to break down, 
and a time to build up;
time to weep,
and a time to laugh;
time to mourn,
and a time to dance;
time to throw away stones,
and a time to gather stones together;
time to embrace,
and a time to refrain from embracing;
time to seek,
and a time to lose;
time to keep,
and a time to throw away;
time to tear, 
and a time to sew;
time to keep silence,
and a time to speak;
time to love,
and a time to hate;
time for war,
and a time for peace.

[Ecclesiastes 3:1-18; NRSV]



Glorious St. Joseph, model of all those who are devoted to labor, obtain for me the graceto work conscientiously, putting the call ofduty above my many sins; to work with thankfulness and joy, considering it an honor to employ and develop, by means of labor, thegifts received from God; to work with order, peace, prudence and patience, never surrendering to weariness or difficulties; to work, above all, with purity of intention, and with detachment from self, having always death before my eyes and the account which I must render of time lost, of talents wasted, ofgood omitted, of vain complacency in success so fatal to the work of God. All for Jesus, all for Mary, all after thy example, OPatriarch Joseph. Such shall be my motto inlife and death. Amen.







No comments:

Post a Comment