Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Thanksgiving: "Do It Anyway"

This poem has always deeply affected me. It hung in the music room in high school and in a way was my whole faith without even mentioning Jesus's name. Every time I read it some emotion would well inside me. Whether content, joy, determination, or guilt it did not fail to resonate within. As we approach Thanksgiving I am trying to truly appreciate the gifts and blessings I have been given and stop focusing on the failures, shortcomings, and frustrations. This poem puts me in a frame of mind to do good for "Goodness" sake and stop looking for gratification but to instead be the gratification in someone else's life. I want to show the people in my life that I am thankful for them. Gratitude is a wonderful emotion. If we spend just a small part of our day thanking God for our lives no matter how difficult the journey is (Calvery was not easy) and thanking those in it, it will be a lot harder to be unhappy.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment