Thursday, November 13, 2014

I'm Back and blogging up a storm!

 
   Hey all you people. I know its been a little while since I was last on here so I'm going to bring you up to speed on my life right now. Starting with my bass playing, this year I tried out for the chamber stings at Easton High School. its an auditioned group of about thirty kids that goes around and plays for different events in the community. Its a really fun group to be a part of and I have learned so much more about music since I started. I was really happy to have gotten first chair string bass on my first time trying out. Another this new this year is my teacher asked me to  play the bass in the schools wind ensemble we had our first performance two days ago on Veterans day. We played some really great music including one piece called ''AMERICAN VETERAN" which brought you through the life of just one of our brave soldiers that have and keep sacrificing for our freedom every day. It was a very nice ceremony and I'm very happy to have been a part of it. Now I know what you're  thinking why is a sting instrument in wind ensemble and I my answer is I don't know but my teacher has a reason even if it doesn't make sense to me. Ok last thing about  music I promise. Last night the orchestra had there first ever fall concert and we were honored to have the conductor of the Kutztown orchestra come down and play a violin concerto with us. He was an outstanding musician and on top of that he was a real nice guy. The audience loved every minute of the concert and so did I.
     On to SFAP ( if your are a new follower that stands for Sing For America Productions) "A Little Princess" rehearsals are going very well, everyone is learning there parts and doing a fantastic job. In this show alone with some other cast members I will be plays a magic African. I say magic because that's what is says in the script. Its a fun part filled with a lot of dancing, the best part is that I got to make up my own name in the show. The out of rehearsal stuff is going well too. The set is coming together quite nicely in me house and we are already selling tickets so we are going to have a great crowd for the shows. I think That good for this post so I will see you cats on the flip side, and by that I mean next Thursday peace.
    
    

No comments:

Post a Comment