Monday, September 29, 2014

Do You Feel Like You Wanna Give Up?

    Today I'm gonna open up a bit to you all. I want to share with you part of myself that I'm sure many of you have felt at one time or another. This is something that I think about a lot and I let it get in my way of success. I let it paralyze me. We are human, nobody's perfect, we all have things about ourselves that we try to hide and they get in our way. But there are a few things we can remember when we are having these feelings.

    Alright, let me backtrack...

    As you all may know my family and I have a theater production company. Our goal is to own our own theater. At least, that's our goal in a nutshell, there's a lot more to it. What you all might not know is that that wasn't always our "dream." Having our own theater wasn't always my goal growing up. Growing up, my sisters and I had the dream of so many kids out there, we wanted to be famous! We wanted to perform concerts with thousands of people in attendance, we wanted to be on Broadway and have lots of fans from ages 0-1000. It was a juvenile dream because we had no idea how we were gonna get there but that's what we wanted. So as the years passed we performed and performed trying to figure how we could get where we wanted without just being in the right place at the right time as so often happens with celebrities. Now, I was always the type of person that once I turned 16 I felt old and I felt like time was passing by so quickly and I was running out of time to be a success. I saw people my age rising to stardom and I was eager to be in the same place. On one hand I like being the age I am and on the other hand I just want to be 16 again haha fast forward to 2011. That was when our goals took a turn. I had been feeling like we were spinning our wheels, we had no clear path, I was getting a little bored of doing the same old shows we'd been doing for years and I was still getting older! Time was passing and I was no closer to my, our, goal.
    Then came Cinderella! That's when everything changed and we decided what we wanted to do. We finally saw a path that we could take. It was a little blurry but it was something! Now fast forward again to the present, 2014. We have a clear goal, we know what we want to do, but obstacles keep getting in our way, everything seems as if we are always waiting for someone else to respond, opportunities come and go because of circumstances that are out of our control and once again I start to feel like I'm running out of time and nothing is happening the way we want it to! I am frustrated and I look at my situation and where I am and I freak out because again, I'm not getting any younger! I start thinking about how eventually I want to get married, have a family, etc. But these are my years to make my dreams come true. So that brings me to the point of this blog post... What do you do when you feel like time is running out, nothing is going your way and you're questioning your goals? Well, here is my answer:

    I know a lot of you probably hear this all the time but bottom line is: God has a plan for you! Everything will happen on His time. I have to remind myself that I'm not running out of time. This is where I'm supposed to be at this point in time. I don't know why but I do know that God doesn't make mistakes. There's a reason for everything. Now that doesn't mean I sit around on my butt all day and wait for something to happen, it just means that I can't give up, I have to have faith that I'm going in the right direction. Not only all of that, but I have to continue to pray about it and listen to make sure I'm still moving in the direction I'm supposed to be moving in. I know its hard to constantly remind yourself of that, I struggle with it all the time but as soon as I take a minute, take a deep breath and reassess my situation I feel better and can move forward. Sometimes I say a prayer, sometimes I just sit silently and listen, sometimes I need to take a walk or a drive and just think but either way I always come back because I know I'm doing what I'm meant to do. I don't know exactly what my future holds but I'm not gonna let the devil steer me away from my path. I'm gonna push forward and have faith in myself, my family and my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment