Tuesday, August 26, 2014

IRAQ

    "THE BLOOD OF THE MARTYRS IS THE SEED OF THE CHURCH"-Tertullian
    
        
I truly would like to write about something relevant to SFA or anything fun about performing. I want to but I can't. Instead, I gotta write about a great crisis continuing in the Middle
East, particularly Iraq.
        Our Christian brothers are being killed, their churches destroyed, forced to renounce Jesus or flee before losing their life. These are cries I expect to hear from ancient times, times removed. Me, here now and in my comfort, can't imagine this is actually going on. 50,000 people hiding in the mountains, some of the children already dying of thirst. Hundreds of Christians being killed in cities as ISIS moves in every day.
             The religious leaders have cried out for assistance, but the Catholic Church and other entities have no army or means to help. Many organizations have done what they can, but widely the Christians in Iraq feel abandoned.
        Their strength can be an inspiration to us all. As much as I say I would die for Jesus, I likely will never have to make such an act of faith and couldn't pretend I know the terror of that moment. I feel helpless, so helpless and angry that those with the power to stop the genocide do not.
      Political feelings aside, whether you agree with the decision to go into Iraq or not, the United States created this vacuum of power when we pulled out before establishing a strong government system. We needed to create a stable and well-equipped power that would not fall to the horrific radicals like ISIS. We are now responsible. We have a situation now and the greatest thing we can do is pray and let the world know we stand by our Christian brothers.
           The truth is Christians are being persecuted all over the world as well in the Middle East. Many are giving the ultimate sacrifice, and their act of Faith can sustain ours in any time of doubt. I look to them as my heroes.
          In closing, please read some stories let everyone know the plea of the Christians.
ISIS uses crucifixion as a public way of insulting those accused of disloyalty.
http://www.catholic.org/news/international/middle_east/story.php?id=56477
http://www.vom.com.au/news.asp?pid=1&id=1466
http://www.wnd.com/2014/07/christianity-as-we-know-it-in-iraq-is-being-wiped-out/
http://www.christianpost.com/news/thousands-of-christians-fleeing-northern-iraq-following-isis-convert-or-die-ultimatum-123587/
I wanna take the faith and vigor of the martyrs into all my days. Approach every situation to spread the Good News with that same intensity.
WE ARE NOT HELPLESS BECAUSE WE HAVE A GOOD GOD WHO HEARS OUR PRAYERS.  PRAY. PRAY. PRAY.

No comments:

Post a Comment