Wednesday, February 3, 2016

This Season!!!

Happy Wednesday Everyone!
So it's a new year and a new season for Sing For America!! We have a great line up of shows for this year...We are starting off with Godspell, summer will be The Little Mermaid, and the last two I will keep a surprise for now hehe😜
But even if I wasn't too keen on the last two shows we pick for this season I would be pretty content, because these first two are dynamite πŸ’―πŸ˜ I am so excited to get started!
I have loved Godspell for so long. We were in one production of it at our church years and years ago and we have seen it performed multiple times (I do have to say though that so far the movie version is still my favorite); each time making me love it a little bit more and making me itch for the day that we finally get to bring our vision of it to life! And that time is finally here!
However...if there is possibly something to be more excited for....it's The Little Mermaid!!!!
Ariel has been my absolute favorite Disney Princess since before I can remember! I have so much Little Mermaid paraphernalia, my favorite color is blue ( the color of the ocean haha), my favorite color combo is blue and yellow (Flounder), and the list goes on. Whenever we swam when we were little Taryn, Teara, and I would pretend to mermaids (I mean who didn't) and Teara and I would were always "competing" to see who could sound more like Ariel when we sang the famous "ah ah ah..." sequence she sings when Ursula takes her voice... Not to toot my own horn or anything but I pretty much had it in the bag every time 😜 haha!
Anyway, I just can't wait for summer! I can't wait to make the costumes, learn the songs, choreograph the dances (swimming included), everything! I just hope I can make it live up to my expectations. It is an EXTREMELY difficult show. We have to make people look like they are actually swimming underwater, we need to have a shipwreck, actors need to somehow walk with fins on, birds need to fly, and that's just skimming the surface...see what I did there...πŸ˜†

No comments:

Post a Comment