Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Rise

                                            RISE

Last Friday was easton talent show. It was one of the many things I had going around up until last week. Cello ensemble, end of orchestra, Muhlenberg busy work, Sing For America shows ,and the monster Tarzan were all pulling my attention.
The talent show song was "I Believe I Can Fly" which I mixed with "Castles" by B.o.B. I was so excited to do this but like always I procrastinated. On top of this, Jorne refused to work with me even though we were performing together. It was a good tiny wake up of what not to let happen in larger projects and clearly illuminated some problems to work on. In the end, even though our music cut in and out continuously, it was a really fun performance and we got some serious cheers!
 

The real story of the night was Toyo and Tolu. They sang like I've only heard my three sisters before. When 2 or three individually exceptional voices sing together its awesome but when those voices beautifully blend, highlight perfectly each others talents, are unified in a way that can't be taught, and make every ear turn up to allow this pure music to enter like a single instrument played by a master then we are talking a new ballgame. All of that was still secondary to what was truly remarkable, the song "Rise" by the Mcclain Sisters was sung in a way that the entire auditorium knew they could rise, they could believe. That effect on people is the only true measure of talent. Range, tone, control all mean nothing if you can't move a crowd. The beautiful part was we were moved to Rise to the End all Be all; Father,Son, and Holy Spirit. I am beyond proud to say we have both of these gifted ladies in Tarzan this summer. You do NOT want to miss them.

No comments:

Post a Comment